I am convinced “The Left” does not know the meaning of the word irony.
Here in Minnesota, The Left, in the form of the newspapers, DFL (our version of the Demcratic party), assorted blow-hard bloggers and Twitter geeks, radio stations, MSM, and especially political party hacks, are pushing hard to get the State of Minnesota to fund a brand new stadium for the Minnesota Vikings.
The irony: The whole stadium issue represents the very epitome of the 1%
- NFL profit: $9 billion profit.
- Average NFL player salary: $1.9 million. http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_06/b4214058615722.htm
- Zygi Wilf: net worth $1.9 billion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygi_Wilf
- Value of Minnesota Vikings: $774 million. http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/7/17/2279981/forbes-values-minnesota-vikings-at-774-million
- Other data: http://www.rodneyfort.com/PHSportsEcon/Common/LinksandFun/LinksFun04/FINAL%20-%20The%20Economics%20of%20NFL%20Team%20Ownership.pdf
One last bit of irony. The NFL is a non-profit corporation that takes in billions and donates millions to political causes.